Our Long Walk...

Legend spotted a dog.
Being a child must be wonderful! When I see Legend interacting with the world, I am forced to give the things I normally take for granted, a second look. Our walk took us a half of a mile around the neighborhood (I am still shocked that he walked the whole way).

Although I viewed our outing as an opportunity to get some exercise, Legend took the opportunity to become an explorer. He hugged trees, patted the grass, stomped on bugs, and chased shadows. Everything was amazing to him and we had to stop several times, so that he could investigate every odd noise.

Admittedly, I was ready to end our walk, when he fell on the concrete. After declaring that his hands were, "dirty," he wiped them off and continued walking. I tried to pick him up and he said, "No, Mommy" and went on to offer me some of his water.

Exploration is a gift and a curse. Of course you want your child to be interested in the world around him but, it is hard to ignore the many dangers the world possesses, as well. I know, I'll just have to, "chuck it up," as the saying goes, because nothing is going to slow my little adventurer down.

Checking out a train...

Touching shadows...

Taking a break...


0 comments:

Post a Comment